Tuesday, October 30, 2007

#18 web based apps

Well I tried, I really tried. I looked at zoho, watched the video on zoho meeting, could see some possibilities with it. Then looked at zoho writer, selected a template & created a shared document. Fine. Tried to publish it to my blog, got as far as hitting the publish button then zap- site blocked by our web filter!!! So there you go
What I was wanting to publish was the thought that there are too many apps all requiring different logins & passwords etc, I've forgotten half of mine already. Which is where google is so clever- one login, then you have access to shared docs, picasa etc & I have to say I prefer to use their products for that reason alone
I can certainly see the value of shared docs eg for a team to work up a project without 10,000 emails flying back & forth. We have tried it & it works, just have to remember to use it, so easy to fall back into email habit!

No comments: